Plugin & strings

rob.van.den.berg at philips.com rob.van.den.berg at philips.com
Wed Dec 8 15:22:35 UTC 1999

Hi,

As I want to interface Squeak with an PCI card running an RTOS (Mercury card with MCOS), I need to create a plugin for the communication. ( A second step ofcourse is porting Squeak to this RTOS) my first approach is just to exchange strings.(e.g. MyClass
new doIt: 'aString', which returns a string).  However looking at both Andy Greenberg's Pluggable Primitives doc on minnow and the plugin code for FloatArray etc. I didn't understand how to do this. Can anyone give me any pointers?

regards,

rob

rob van den berg  rob.van.den.berg at philips.com
+31 40 27 62787     Philips Medical Systems, Netherlands