[ENH] backgrounds and numbers with commas

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Thu Dec 9 06:07:17 UTC 1999

> >               BTW, wasn't VB actually using regional settings now?!
>
> Leave it to Microsoft to force you to move to a different country just
> to compile a program.  ;)

Ahhh ... as long as I don't have to pay for the flight it's okay with me to
be sent to a different country (*if* it happens to be somewhere in Europe
;-))

> My preference would be to use spaces or underscores (just like Perl
> and Ada).  Both are unambiguous in Squeak.

Underscores represent the left arrow - I wouldn't like to get into confusion
here (e.g., it would look like '1<-000<-000' with the currently used fonts).
Spaces might be okay but I guess it would be a benefit to the unexperienced
user if they could just use what they've been taught in school (whatever
this is).

  Andreas