[UPDATES] - two more for 2.7alpha

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Sat Dec 11 00:50:14 UTC 1999

>- Compiling a plugin as a subclass of TestInterpreterPlugin (the nice
>stuff from Andrew) failed, because in TestTMethod there are direct
>references to 'Smalltalk' dictionary/environment, but some classes are
>moved to SqueakEnvironment.
>
>I think it is very important for all that plugin support fully works
>with environments before changing to the new environment philosophy as
>standard!

I agree -- that's why I let it out early for testing without making the change.

>Then there are some suggestions for improvements:
>- Workspaces seem to refer to Smalltalk -> would be nice to be able to
>choose the environment of each workspace;
>- browsers should show the environment of each class;
>- find class (in browsers) only works for Smalltalk environment; classes
>in other envs are not found (but method finder works!).

Many thanks for these suggestions.  I'm hoping to chip away at these over the next few days.

>Because I want to go further with working on my LargeIntegers plugin I
>won't use environments at the moment; I think it will take some time to
>get the plugin support working with environments and there are more
>competent people to to this...

Yes, press on with the normal world.  It shouldn't take a gret deal of time to adapt when the environments are ready.  Many thanks to you and the other environment test pilots.

	- Dan