Thank you

Maurice Rabb m3rabb at stono.com
Fri Dec 31 16:31:39 UTC 1999

As we tick down to the last few hours of the year, now is a good time
to publicly acknowledge some of the great work that many in the
Squeak community have been quietly doing.

Though I have been quiet for most of this past year, we here at Stono
have been very busy.  We are doing almost 100% our development work
in Squeak.  Last month we completed rev.2 of an application that we
developed to do animated presentations for promotions at large scale
sponsored events (e.g. at stadiums and conferences).

We would not have been able to complete our work without the help of
many great Squeakers.  In particular, I want to thank Bob Arning and
Doug Way who did some contract work for us.  Doug Way did a
_fabulous_ job building the new user interface for our application.
Bob Arning, as most of you know, wrote the Morphic UI tool kit on
which the interface to our application is based.  Bob was extremely
helpful in write code in a pinch, and helping me understand various
Squeak matters.  I am extremely grateful for his patience.

I also want to thank Jim Benson, Bob Hartwig, and Mark Schwenk.  Jim
built a really cool QuickTime plug-in that we experimented with for a
while.  Bob and Mark have helped me out from time to time, and run
the CSTUG (Chicago Smalltalk Users' Group) which has put on some
great sessions.  (Any of you in SqC coming to Chicago anytime soon?
;-) )

Finally, a want to thank SqC, and the entire Squeak list for
providing such great technical support, thoughtful discussion, and
technical comraderie.

Have a great New Year!

Sincerely,

--Maurice