Debugging & SharedQueues

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Dec 18 20:55:08 UTC 1999

Stefan Matthias Aust <sma at 3plus4.de> wrote:
> For me, this looks like the debugger doesn't resume the stopped process but
> continues to execute the fixed code in the UI process which is WRONG.

The old way was even worse, because you'd end up with two threads
running the UI simultaneously.

Agreed that it would be nice to "proceed as separate thread" or the
like, instead of just the normal proceed.  I'm not sure whether there
should just be a single proceed which always does the right thing; this
would mean that a thread has to remember whether it was started from the
UI or not, which is a little wierd.

Lex