[UPDATES] More for 2.7alpha

Scott Wallace Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Tue Dec 7 16:26:50 UTC 1999

Randal,

This particular update file was created by hand, and indeed, as you
noticed, the corresponding change set is utterly empty.  But the
update really does accomplish something.  Often when we create such
updates we provide an explanatory Preamble and we put the executable
code into the Postscript, but in this case neither was done, so you
can't see any reflection of the update's contents via a change sorter.

There are two ways you *can* see what's actually in it if you're
sufficiently curious:

(a)  From the "changes" menu, choose "recent change log", and select
a date/time just before you performed the series of updates that
included the one in question.  The ensuing changelist browser will
include the statement that triggered the reorganization that was this
changeset's charter.

(b)  If you have the "update saves file" preference set to true as
you perform updates, you will get exact copies of the update files
stored to your local disk, and a glance at the actual update file in
this case reveals its decidedly non-empty contents.

   -- Scott