Swiki.net open

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Tue Dec 14 01:02:11 UTC 1999

Advantive is pleased to announce the availability of Swiki.net (v1.0 beta
1).

With Swiki.net, customers can create Swikis of their own that are available
anywhere at anytime and from any computer with a browser and Internet
access.  Swikis can be public or private, with the option of inviting other
users to join a private Swiki.  Users may also assign a global alias for
their Swikis.  A global alias enables any Swiki to be addressed as:

	http://<alias>.swiki.net

We have decided to offer Swiki.net to the Squeak community free of charge
for a limited time.  The best way, in our judgment, to determine who is a
part of the Squeak community, is to announce Swiki.net to the Squeak mailing
list and then offer anyone signing up during this initial offering period,
the free service.  The final pricing of Swiki.net has yet to be determined,
though it is likely that there will be some set of features that will always
remain free of charge.

In addition, we will be cleaning up some our internal code for external
release over the coming months...particularly in the areas of sockets and
web-serving.

Use of Swiki.net requires that you enable cookies and use a JavaScript
capable web-browser.  In addition, we've been having some trouble with our
ISP concerning bandwidth issues, so please be patient if you have
difficultly getting to Swiki.net.

Enjoy!

- Stephen

P.S.  We'd like to give special thanks to the GA Tech Squeakers for their
contributions to Swiki.net and Swikis in general.