CompiledMethod>>value:withArguments:

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Dec 28 10:35:04 UTC 1999

Hi

I wanted to port the MethodWrappers of John Brant to Squeak to learn a bit more
the differecne between VW and Squeak and I discovered that there is no way
(or I did not find it) like in VW to execute a method.
In VW we can invoke a method by sending it the message
valueWithReceiver: arguments: .

Is there any plans to introduce this in Squeak?
In VW this is a primitive and it give a lot of power to build
tracing, debugging....tools.

See http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/users/brant/Applications/MethodWrappers.html.

Stef

Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch) http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/

University of Bern, Institut fuer informatik and Mathematik
IAM-SCG, 10 neubruckstrasse, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.