[ANN]Experimental Protocols As In Proposed ANSI Standard

R. A. Harmon harmonra at webname.com
Mon Dec 27 17:33:24 UTC 1999

I've finally created a web page "Portable Smalltalk Applications and ANSI
Smalltalk Standard":

        http://homepage2.rconnect.com/raharmon/

where anyone may download my experimental implementation of protocol objects
patterned after the way the concept of protocol is used in the proposed ANSI
Smalltalk standard document.  Along with modifications to the Squeak SUnits
testing framework it is primarily used to programatically test the return
values of ANSI Smalltalk standard messages.

There is also an implementation of experimental enhancements to the Testing
Framework for Squeak (SUnits) to programatically check that the value
returned from a message send conforms to the specified protocol.  I use this
primarily in ANSI Smalltalk standard messages test suites.

I'm not sure protocol objects or my Testing Framework enhancements are that
good of an idea, so I would appreciate any feedback on it.

There is currently only a version for Squeak 2.6.

I also have code files for other projects that may also be downloaded.

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
harmonra at webname.com           E. G. McCarthy