Swiki.net open

Mark A. Schwenk mas at wellthot.com
Wed Dec 15 04:38:27 UTC 1999

Stephen Pair wrote:
<snip>

> P.S.  We'd like to give special thanks to the GA Tech Squeakers for their
> contributions to Swiki.net and Swikis in general.

It's nice to give them thanks, but it seems wise that they avoid using SWIKI.NET according to the license terms, lest they be found guilty of modifying, translating, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or creating derivative works based on, or copying SWIKI.NET. (Who's creating derivative works from whom here?). And watch out for transferring any part of the SWIKI.NET software (like Squeak, Comanche, Swiki, etc.). It's forbidden by the license. And no one may use the name or mark SWIKI.NET or any rendition thereof? Did Mark Guzdial surrender his rights to the name Swiki?

It looks like a neat service, and I have some potential clients for it, but I won't touch it with a license like the current one.

-Mark Schwenk
 WellThot Inc.

P.S. I couldn't read the license readily from my Linux workstation with any of the browsers that I normally use. I found that the Star Office browser or lynx could display it.