First cut at T-gen

John Duncan jddst19+ at pitt.edu
Fri Dec 3 06:22:36 UTC 1999

Hi John.

I've just started using t-gen and I think you have done excellent work
porting it.  If you're interested, I'll help to modernize the
interface.  Emacs-style syntax awareness would be a nice first step.

One thing I noticed about it.  If there is a syntax error either in
the tokens or the grammar, no notification is given.  It just appears
to do nothing.  Also, sometimes when you load two different grammars
in the same window, it gives strange errors.  It does not seem to
reinitialize properly.

I looked into the first problem, but I found it to be a mess to debug
because it does not actually signal a top-level error.  Would you be
able to provide pointers about where to look?

The second problem deals with stuff I don't yet understand, so I'll
need to learn more before doing any work on it.

Thanks again for porting this!

-John