[ENH] Refactores balloon help text support

Scott Wallace Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Thu Dec 23 22:23:41 UTC 1999

Stefan,

You are correct that the code for finding the best balloon location
never worked properly, so this fix was very much needed and is
extremely welcome.  Thank you very much!

I also agree that the "only one balloon can be visible at a time"
restriction is too restrictive and that we need a way to allow some
balloons to persist, even while by default we continue to enforce the
one-balloon principle.  I hope that others on the list take a look at
your scheme here and offer their feedback.

And don't worry -- I can assure you that your efforts, even if they
turn out to require some tweaking for 2.7 (which I'll make certain
gets done if necessary), will *not* be wasted!

Thanks again -- this is an important contribution.

   -- Scott