Best way to open a MorphMenu?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sun Dec 19 16:09:34 UTC 1999

I tried to find the best way to setup my own popup menus for morphs.
Looking into the "control" category of MenuMorph, I found a number of
different methods.  The easiest existing way seems to be #popUpAt:event:,
especially if you want to open the menu as reaction to an event.  This
method is used 19 times in a 2.6 image.  However, the popup position is
calculated
either
   menu popUpAt: evt hand position event: evt.
or
   menu popUpAt: evt cursorPoint event: evt.
or
using even stranger ways.  Most of them seem to perform the same job and
could actually be replaced by either one I think (that
HandMorph/MorphicEvent stuff is too complicate to be sure).  Therefore I'd
propose to add a method

popUp: evt
   ^ self popUpAt: evt cursorPoint event: evt

to MenuMorph and clean up the image.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.