Hierarchical Tree View [KINDA LONG...] ;)

Ali Chamas alichamas at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 04:38:31 UTC 1999

Howdy Stewart,

--- Stewart MacLean <stewart.maclean at nzhis.govt.nz>
wrote:
> I hear what you're saying about time! mix in a young
> family, a day job, and
> a long commute and getting to grips with Morphic
> feels like a far off dream
> :)

Hang in there buddy!

This is why i think a built in help tree system for
Squeak would be so useful. This way, all of the
questions and answers that are bouncing back and forth
from this list server could find a really useful,
central home. Actually, speaking of new learning
curves, i'm kind of working on my own GUI system
within Squeak. It's not Morphic, nor MVC, but will be
much easier to use than Morphic, and will come with
documentation. I'm designing it with an accomanying
set of widgets and elements suitable for high grade
interface work, both business and other, with other
programmers usage in mind. Amoung other projects :),
it should be ready soon (it's my first priority, if it
performs as good as i hope, i might even do the tree
view based in it!). For example, the family of Window
class will be able to render as Mac or Windows
standard windows (palettes, tabbed, alerts), similar
to QKS Smalltalk Agents window bin feature.

Good luck!
Ali.