Squeak already has private method support (was Re: FW: Pressu res for Substantially New Squeaks)

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at it-iq.com
Fri Feb 19 11:05:30 UTC 1999

> It appears that Squeak already has private method support.
> Just begin your private method names with 'pvt'.

As already pointed out elsewhere, this is compile-time.  It can be bypassed
by perform: and probably by other hacks like storing an association to the
code elsewhere with another name.  I'm after a mechanism that can protect
private methods against determined crackers within an image; in a multi-user
game, you can't assume everyone with code access is friendly.  This will
involve the VM.

		- Peter