Newbie Question: Where did the name Squeak come from?

Nick Vargish nav at patriot.net
Fri Feb 19 17:38:50 UTC 1999

Ah, I love the acronym game.[*]

S queak:
Q uintessential
U universal
E exhilarating
A ctivation of
K nowlege

S queak
Q uickly
U nites
E xperts and
A colytes with
K udos

I'm not sure about the suggestion that had "AK" standing for Alan Kay. How
does Dan feel about that one? :^)

Nick

[*] Nobody has beaten "AMANDA" yet. I didn't come up with it, but I had to
    work with it circa 1992. Quick, change the subject before the
    repressed memories surface...

--
Nick Vargish                  patriot.net/~nav                 nav at patriot.net
Unix Systems Engineer; C, C++, Java, Perl, Tcl, Lisp, Shell; Internet Security