DebuggerView is undeclared

SWallace scottw at wdi.disney.com
Wed Feb 3 16:53:56 UTC 1999

Frederik,

DebuggerView was one of a large number of View and Controller subclasses that got eliminated from Squeak in the conversion to "pluggables" in spring of 1998.  It sounds as if the code you were filing in dates from before that time, and will require some manual tweaking -- probably nothing too strenuous.

If you fire up an old (pre-2.x) image and search for references to DebuggerView, you'll find that there are around 11 of them.  Jot down what they are, and then look at a few of those same methods in 2.3 to see how DebuggerViews have been replaced by more generic views.  This should provide enough information to make your conversion.

If you need more support on this, please e-mail me privately -- attaching the code you're trying to file in to 2.3 if you wish -- and I'm sure we can bridge this difficulty quickly enough.

 -- Scott