Scrollbar preference idea

Carl Gundel morphic at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 04:10:41 UTC 1999

I've posted the complete scrollbar enhancement at:
http://world.std.com/~carlg/scrloptimiz.18Feb1054pm.cs

Here's the preamble text:
This enhancement to Morphic popup scrollbars optimizes for slow hardware
by displaying scrollbars only for panes which can be scrolled.  This
eliminates some of the choppy feel of the UI for slow computers.  There
is also a new preference entry called optimizeMorphicScrollbars.

It only works under Morphic, but MVC performs well enough that it isn't
really needed there.  I also added a Preferences entry to turn the
feature on/off (default is off).

Thanks Dan for your help,

Carl