There's memory bandwidth and there's memory transaction thruput

johnm at wdi.disney.com johnm at wdi.disney.com
Fri Feb 19 01:31:13 UTC 1999

Thanks to Tim Olsen and Ryan Davis for the pointers to the 4PM tool,
to Joachim Durchholz for the notes on the Intel memory architecture,
and to Andres and Joachim for the Intel vs. 68K register comparisons.

If anyone familiar with 4PM or the Intel equivalent ever wanted to
look at the Squeak VM, I'd be interested in any insights or anomolies
you find. I'm not in a VM tuning mode right now (since Ian should
have a fire-breathing new Jitter VM out soon), but the next time I
am, it will be great that I now know about such tools!

	-- John