Newbie Question: Where did the name Squeak come from?

Nick Vargish nav at patriot.net
Sat Feb 20 01:27:05 UTC 1999

Well of course we, the Squeakerati, all know that it's Squeak and not
SQUEAK. (Just like it's actually Pascal not PASCAL, but BASIC is always
BASIC unless it's Visual...)

However, we do need something clever and/or baffling when the inevitable
question is asked: "So what does Squeak stand for?"  The truth is simply
inadequate in these situations.

Nick

--
Nick Vargish                  patriot.net/~nav                 nav at patriot.net
Unix Systems Engineer; C, C++, Java, Perl, Tcl, Lisp, Shell; Internet Security