17 new updates

Ivan Brusic ivan at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 12 21:14:40 UTC 1999

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Luciano Notarfrancesco wrote:
> >
> > I you want the updates, you can fetch the changeSets from
> > http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/updates/ using any browser, and
> > latter file them in. I ofthen do this.
>
> Thanks.
> Next questions: How do I determine which updates I already have? Is
> there a way to automatically select all updates that I don't have?

>From http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.24

If your Squeak machine is not connected to the internet, you may still
want to get the latest Squeak updates. The update
mechanism is basically a fileIn, so you can do it by hand.
1) Go into Squeak, type (EToySystem version) and printIt. Then open a
ChangeSorter and note the highest number you see
as the beginning of a changeSet name.

2) From a machine on the internet, download and save the file
http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/updates/updates.list.

3) Download all files that begin with a higher number than you noted from
http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/updates/

4) Move all the file to your Squeak machine.

5) Look at 'updates.list' and find the section that begins with # followed
by your version. It will be near the end of the list.
For each file name that follows, view that file in a FileList and 'file
into new change set'.

That's it.

--Ted.

Ivan

--

Ivan Brusic                        |  "Computers are nothing but a perfect
Graduate Student                   |   illusion of order" - Iggy Pop