17 new updates
ivan at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 12 21:14:40 UTC 1999
On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Luciano Notarfrancesco wrote:
> > I you want the updates, you can fetch the changeSets from
> > http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/updates/ using any browser, and
> > latter file them in. I ofthen do this.
> Next questions: How do I determine which updates I already have? Is
> there a way to automatically select all updates that I don't have?
If your Squeak machine is not connected to the internet, you may still
want to get the latest Squeak updates. The update
mechanism is basically a fileIn, so you can do it by hand.
1) Go into Squeak, type (EToySystem version) and printIt. Then open a
ChangeSorter and note the highest number you see
as the beginning of a changeSet name.
2) From a machine on the internet, download and save the file
3) Download all files that begin with a higher number than you noted from
4) Move all the file to your Squeak machine.
5) Look at 'updates.list' and find the section that begins with # followed
by your version. It will be near the end of the list.
For each file name that follows, view that file in a FileList and 'file
into new change set'.
Ivan Brusic | "Computers are nothing but a perfect
Graduate Student | illusion of order" - Iggy Pop
College of Computing & GVU Center |
Georgia Institute of Technology | E-mail: ivan [at] cc.gatech.edu
More information about the Squeak-dev