[BUG] 2.3 VMs hang on 68K

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 22 16:49:59 UTC 1999

I can't get either 2.3 or 2.3b 68K VMs to run on my Powerbook 190cs (68040
based), even with no extensions on.  I was having problems running the 68K
VMs on my G3 -- I thought that they should (via the 68K emulator), but I
chalked it up to non-backwards-compatibility. But now that I've tried on an
actual 68K box, I'm quite sure that it's the VMs.

Sometimes, I get an illegal instruction error in Macsbug, error 10 with no
extensions on.  Most often, though, the mouse cursor freezes and
everything's dead.

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu