Scrollbar preference idea

Joachim Durchholz joachim.durchholz at munich.netsurf.de
Sat Feb 13 17:10:40 UTC 1999

Doug Way wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, R. A. Harmon wrote:
>
> Yeah, I'm already including a minimum scrollbar thickness of 5 pixels
> aX-Mozilla-Status: 0009crollBar changes, since I noticed the same
> problem.  5 seems to be thick enough to grab easily, but thin enough
> to show that you're looking at a tiny fraction of the entire
> list/text.

Maybe making the minimum size so that it is at least as high as it is
wide would be even better. The user can then immediately see whether the
scrollbar represents actual size or is at minimum size: the scroll bar
will be square if the latter is the case.
Another proposal: For a vertical scrollbar, add a horizontal dark line
in the middle. It's just for show, but it will make the visual
impression of "I am *right here*" much stronger. (Look at any equalizer
or any other real-world device with sliders: Most if not all will have
that middle line.)

Regards,
Joachim
--