Hardware or System Incompatibility

Peter Smet peter.smet at flinders.edu.au
Wed Feb 17 23:08:26 UTC 1999

Dan,

0.0 raisedTo: 0.75 =  -0.0

I have the same problem,
P133 laptop running NT 4 service pack 3.
vanilla Squeak 2.3 for windows.

PS,  I have been trying to move the PluggableDictionary
concept into the base collection classes. That is, i want
all collections to use a comparison block (instance variable) for
includes: anItem etc. This needs to be pluggable for
each collection instance. However, putting instance variables
into the base collections brings squeak down almost immediately,
or it hangs indefinitely. I notice Dolphin warns against doing this.
VW nc 3.0  tries valiantly, but runs out of memory and crashes
(I have tried it on computers with 24 and 32 mb ram). Is the
collection hierachy 'untouchable' or am I doing something wrong??