Blue Book Implementation chapters online...

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Mon Jan 18 09:16:43 UTC 1999

I have put Chapters 26-30 -- the Implementation -- of "Smalltalk-80: The
Language and Its Implementation" (the famous and nearly impossible to
find Blue Book) online at my site:

    http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/

These still lack the figures, but I will be adding them shortly. I
wanted to "unofficially" release them in their present not quite
finished state so I could get some feedback. My site is equally rough,
but will be subjected to a process of continual improvement.

Note: I have changed the left-arrow assignment operator to := to make
the source code text cleaner (alternative representations of the left
arrow were either ugly, didn't scale with the text, or were not portable
across all common browers and fonts) and to make it agree with the
normal "modern" Smalltalk conventions. I have also left each chapter as
a single HTML page to allow easy printout for study.

-- Dwight