lego mindstorms and Squeak

Stephan B. Wessels stephan.wessels at sdrc.com
Wed Jan 6 19:23:46 UTC 1999

Thanks, that's a link I'm familiar with.  There's actually quite a wealth of
web sites of interesting work going on with Mindstorms.  I'm hoping that the
Squeak interface had already been worked out.

It was pointed out that an OCX control exists (that's true) but how it limits
the user to Windows (also true).  At one level, just getting to where I can
write Squeak code to run (by translation to proper op-codes) in the robot
itself appeals to me very much.  So finding a way that only works in Windows
versions of Squeak is okay.  At a higher level, I'm curious about how
difficult it would be to actually write the serial I/O stuff to download and
communicate with the robot (via the I/R link) from inside Squeak, and
therefore be more portable.

  - Steve