SqueakPages with requisite FileIns

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 21 17:49:55 UTC 1999

I think that we need some kind of convention for how to associate fileIns
with SqueakPages.  For example, I'd like to create some SqueakPages that
contain MathMorphs (which, if you haven't already played with them, are
AMAZINGLY cool!  Strongly recommended that you investigate them -- they can
replace your workspace and browser!).  But if anyone in a fresh image tries
to read that page with MathMorphs on them, they're going to get an error
because those classes won't be defined.

  I've thought of three mechanisms for dealing with this (certainly more
suggestions are welcome!):
(1) On the Web page referencing the book, also place a link to a fileIn to
include.
(2) On the first page of the BookMorph, put a text area containing the code
to fileIn.  The user need just select the text and choose FileIn to get the
code for the rest of the book.
(3) Put a button on the first page of a BookMorph which does the fileIn
across the network.  (I tried to see if I could get URLmorphs to do that,
but I couldn't figure out what URLmorphs do.  Could someone who's using
them help me to understand what they're for? Thanks!)

What do you think?
 Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu