Good references covering Smalltalk-80

Asymptotically Approaching Harmony feoh at cosmic.com
Wed Jan 6 20:39:25 UTC 1999

Doug Way <dway at mat.net> writes:

> Also, for a step-by-step tutorial with examples, it's hard to beat the
> tutorial which came with Smalltalk/V (now Smalltalk Express, only
> available for Windows).  The concepts carry over to other Smalltalks quite
> well.  (Although it would be great if there were a tutorial this good
> available for Squeak.)  The tutorial is on the web at:
>
> http://objectshare.com/se/stexpdoc/index.htm
>
> (Smalltalk Express is also available for free from objectshare.com.)
>
> - Doug Way
>   dway at mat.net
>   dway at transom.com
>   http://www.transom.com

Seconded.  Also _On to Smalltalk_ <cited in an earlier post> uses ST
Express as its Smalltalk implementation of choice.

-Chris
(Currently learning on Smalltalk Express, hoping to transfer the
gained clue back to Squeak :)
|Chris Patti|ICQ#16333120|feoh at cosmic.com|Home #:(617)625-3194|JAPH|
|"I have opposable thumbs, and I can buy a rifle.  I don't need to |
| run from anything." -Todd Finney				   |