2.3 upgrades causing Cursor bug?

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Sat Jan 16 04:55:12 UTC 1999

David, William, Tim, and all -

I believe the beta had an improperly numbered changeSet in it, which confused the update logic (it should have been numbered the same as the corresponding file on the update servers.

The cursor problem could be some VM/platform problem.  We did introduce opaque masks to the cursor in 2.3, and it's possible there is some incompatibility, but we're running 2.3 fine on Mac and Windows.  If stuck with an old version, find the old cursor init in Cursor class and execute it.

I would just move on to 2.3 at this point if possible.

	- Dan