VW: Artbase OODBMS by ArtinApples experiance?

Heinz-Geerd Neumann hgn at lasercat.de
Sun Jan 3 05:47:26 UTC 1999

Hello,

could anybody report about experiance with ARTBASE, an OODBMS written
extirely in ST-80 / VW by a company called "ArtinApples" in Bratislava
(Slovakia), please?

I am looking for a DB system to give objects persistance and to avoid
"squeezing nice round objects into an ugly square relational database".
Also it must be run-time royalty free. I got to know it in 94, when it was
still under development and very slow. That's not the problem, but I wonder
about stability of the system since the author company does not seem
to be very successful and I have not yet heard of anybody using this system.

Thus, I would be very grateful about any comment and experiance.

Best regards from Berlin
Heinz-Geerd Neumann
hgn at lasercat.de