bug report: CS 595

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at ntcorp.com
Fri Jan 22 22:13:14 UTC 1999

I've been slowly bringing my Mac (68k) copy of Squeak up to the latest set
of changes.  Starting from the V2.2 dowload, and using "update from
server," I got as far as CS 594.

during the read of CS595, I got an interrupt, and the following was in by
debug log:

attempt to index non-existent element in an ordered collection
OrderedCollection(Object)>>error:
OrderedCollection>>errorNoSuchElement
OrderedCollection>>at:
UndefinedObject>>DoIt
Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:
Compiler class>>evaluate:for:notifying:logged:
Compiler class>>evaluate:for:logged:
Compiler class>>evaluate:logged:
[] in RWBinaryOrTextStream(ReadWriteStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
String>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
RWBinaryOrTextStream(ReadWriteStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
ChangeSorter class>>newChangesFromStream:named:
[] in Utilities class>>readServerUpdatesThrough:saveLocally:updateImage:
UndefinedObject>>ifNil:
[] in Utilities class>>readServerUpdatesThrough:saveLocally:updateImage:
OrderedCollection>>do:
[] in Utilities class>>readServerUpdatesThrough:saveLocally:updateImage:
Cursor>>showWhile:
Utilities class>>readServerUpdatesThrough:saveLocally:updateImage:
Utilities class>>readServerUpdatesSaveLocally:updateImage:
Utilities class>>updateFromServer
ScreenController>>absorbUpdatesFromServer
[] in SimpleButtonMorph>>doButtonAction
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
SimpleButtonMorph>>doButtonAction
SimpleButtonMorph>>mouseUp:
HandMorph>>handleMouseUp:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldMorph>>doOneCycleNow
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldMorph>>doOneCycleNow
WorldMorph>>doOneCycle
MorphWorldController>>controlActivity
MorphWorldController>>controlLoop
MorphWorldController(Controller)>>startUp
StandardSystemController(Controller)>>controlToNextLevel
StandardSystemController(Controller)>>controlActivity
StandardSystemController(MouseMenuController)>>controlActivity
StandardSystemController>>controlActivity
StandardSystemController(Controller)>>controlLoop
StandardSystemController(Controller)>>startUp
[] in ControlManager>>activeController:
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess