Part 2 Re: A Swiki for SqueakPages

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 21 16:25:45 UTC 1999

I've updated the UploadBooks code
(http://guzdial.cc.gatech.edu/st/uploadBooks.cs) with two new features:

- Bolot Kerimbaev also wrote code to send a GIF of any Morph up to an
UploadSwiki.  I've included that in this release, too.  Now, you can get a
thumbnail of any SqueakPage, then send it up to the Swiki as a picture of
the book.  See http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeakPages.1 for a thumbnail
generated that way of the welcome book.

- I've also modified Scamper to recognize .bo endings and grab the book.
It has a really nice feel to it.  I've put in links to the Welcome book and
to Torsten's Empty Book out there.  Because of the way that Bolot handled
links to attachments, creating a link to an attached book is simply
*!welcome.bo!*, and that becomes a clickable link from inside of Scamper.

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu