Current SqueakV2.source file?

Ian Piumarta Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr
Mon Jan 11 08:00:13 UTC 1999

> I think I heard that Squeak is unstable on some versions of Linux but not
> on others. Perhaps someone else can give you more info on that.

I don't know much about these problems (Squeak has always been perfectly
stable on the versions of Linux that I use ;) but FWIW I always build the
distributed binaries on:

  Red Hat Linux release 5.1 (Manhattan)
  Linux lebrac.inria.fr 2.0.35 #1 Thu Jul 23 14:01:04 EDT 1998 i686 unknown
  libc-2.0.7

However, until several months ago I used to build them on my portable:

  Red Hat Linux release 4.2 (Biltmore)
  Linux clotho.inria.fr 2.1.24 #6 Fri May 22 18:40:04 MET DST 1998 i586 unknown
  libc-5.4.38

(I changed because lebrac is about a zillion times faster than clotho.)

If anyone who has been having problems with 2.2/3beta on Linux has the time
to try a build from RH4.2/2.1.24/libc-5 then please get in touch and I'll
send you a binary.  If the problems are due to something rotten in glibc-2
or the 2.0.35 kernel headers then I'll revert to distributing Intel binaries
built on clotho.

Ian