A Swiki for SqueakPages

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 20 20:56:12 UTC 1999

I've just set up a new Swiki, http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeakpages.1,
for discussion and posting of SqueakPages.  SqueakPages is a new kind of
Swiki, by Bolot Kerimbaev (a PhD student here at Georgia Tech), which
supports uploads of attachments.  It's still experimental, but it just
cries out for connecting to Ted's new SqueakPages.

Squeak 2.3 all by itself can read SqueakPages over HTTP.  Try this in Morphic:

BookMorph grabURL:
'http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeakpages/attachment/welcome.bo'

We've written some mods to Squeak 2.3 which allow for upload of SqueakPages
directly to an HTTP-accessible UploadSwiki.  File in
http://guzdial.cc.gatech.edu:8080/squeakers/attachment/uploadBooks.20Jan306pm.cs
to be able to upload books directly.  (This code is all of one hour old, so
you can be sure that it's not heavily tested yet -- caveat downloador.)
Follow Ted's directions at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/SqueakDoc.26, and
save to a URL like
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeakpages/attachment/YOURBOOKNAMEHERE.sp

It's not clear to me how we link WebSpace with SqueakPages space.  Do we
create a page in the Swiki for each book, and thus have a place to talk
about the books other than in the books?  Do they just exist as two
parallel spaces?  And how does it work to have SqueakPages that are freely
writable -- does chaos reign, or do we figure out how to collaborative
develop SqueakPages books without stomping on one another?  I guess we'll
work it all out. :-)

BTW, if you would like to use the attachment facility in the SqueakPages
Swiki to upload other things of use to the community, please feel free.

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu