Transparent Window labels &New Squeak UI Style

Torsten Bergmann Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Mon Jan 11 20:06:18 UTC 1999

I've changed the method StandardSystemView>>displayLabelBackground: and
added
the method Form>>fillFromXColorBlock:rectangle: to change the normal
label box
of Squeak windows to a more Win98 style, providing a gradient fill.
(The attached Squeak file works with Squeak2.3 Beta and is only a test
for that)

To change the label entry I also want to modify the method
StandardSystemView>>displayLabelText so that the label is displayed
transparent
on the gradient fill.
The normal Squeak implementation calls
"displayOn:at:clippingBox:rule:fillColor:".

My question: How can I display the label (a paragraph) transparent on
the labelbox
		 background? Do I have to create a form mask
representing the gradient fill
		 behind the label or is there a more comfortable way?

What do you think about different windows styles within squeak (like in
VisualWorks
or Java's Swing) including a special Squeak UI Look considering the
display depth?

Torsten

Attachment converted: Anon:GradientFilledLabelBox.st (????/----) (00006146)