Creation of Image.

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Fri Jan 15 21:40:28 UTC 1999

There is currently no way to do this in Squeak. You might take a look at
a bit of discussion on bootstrapping an image in the Squeak FAQ on the
Squeak Swiki: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.471

I think Smalltalk/X can bootstrap an image, but I don't know of any
other full Smalltalk system that can.

There have been a couple of recent threads touching on this, and I must
say that after regenerating some Common Lisp images from scratch several
times recently I have become rather more interested in the possibilities
this capability would allow for Squeak (beginning with taking "No Fear"
Squeak development to a new level...).

-- Dwight