MorphicWrappers news

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Sun Jan 31 19:34:15 UTC 1999

>>How do I play the tapes?  I'm playing with EventRecorderMorph, but can't
>>figure out how to start it on one of the tapes.

Method III
1.  FileIn the attached two methods.
2.  Open a fileList, select the tape file, choose 'open for playback'
3.  click 'rewind', then 'play' on the resulting ERM

(It is best to place the fileList "out of the way" or delete it after
opening the ERM.  Part way through Lesson One, the GhostHand started
fiddling with my FileList ;-).

[This points out a need in ERMs -- some kind of validity checks on
the type of the event receiver, or the title of the menu item clicked
(I had added an item in one of my menus, thus changin its offset),
etc.  Interestingly, these are exactly the same kinds of 'open loop'
problems we encountered with TeleMorphic.  But the fact is that
EventRecorderMorph is already very nice!]

	- Dan

Attachment converted: Anon:PlayTapeFromFile.cs (TEXT/MSIE) (00006706)