unused message

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Fri Jul 2 20:45:21 UTC 1999

You should show us the code you're trying to save. My guess is that you
have something of the form:

aMessage
	| a b |
	a _ 4.
	b _ 5.
	^b

Even if you assign a value to a temporary but you never use it in
another expression nor return its value, you still have not actually
used it -- it is just dead code. Thus the warning. If you want to keep
it around for later use in the method, but don't want the warning, just
comment out the temp declaration and the line where it is used. Like so:

aMessage
	| "a" b |
	"a _ 4."
	b _ 5.