Exceptions

Paul McDonough PaulMcDonough at compuserve.com
Thu Jul 29 06:52:52 UTC 1999

Off the top of my head, it seems reasonable to expect that the TFEI
Exceptions package will not have to change much with the 2.5 release.  I
don't think we touch more than about 5 base methods anyway.  When 2.5 is
released, we will make it a priority at least to verify that it runs as
well on 2.5 as it does on 2.4 (remember, we're not claiming it's perfect
yet).  We can't put a whole lot of cycles into it beyond that right now,
but we would certainly like to try to enhance it a bit for the next
release, as mentioned in the readme.  Please feel free to toss feature
requests at squeak at 4thEstate.com.

Paul McDonough, speaking totally unofficially for the TFEI Squeakers.

>>Just curious,

Anybody heard about new developments regarding Exceptions?  Will they be
implemented in Squeak 2.5?  If so, will they follow the ANSI draft?  Can we
use Craig Latta's exception package in the meantime (till exceptions make
it in the image) or another exception package (TFEI, Vassili Bykov, etc).

What's the status on this long debated issue?
Benoit St-Jean
Creative Technologies International
lamneth at aei.ca
(514) 871-8585 #234                        <<