[BUG][FIX] Acorn filedirectory name length fubar

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 15:30:25 UTC 1999

On 7/20/99 9:20:49 PM EDT, rowledge at interval.com writes:
<<  (header material)
 File:  Unknown (187 bytes)
------------------------
 Trivial bug just spotted; default max filename length is wrong for Acorn.

 fix enclosed  >>

Tim,

When you attach a file to your Squeak mail, the approach you use (at least in
some cases) transmits a file with no name. With no name, mailers assign it a
name (something like) 'Unknown'. So I (and I assume others) have files in
their download region with names Unknown, Unknow2, Unknow3, ..., etc. Of
course, I can go through and examine the contents of each file to figure out
what it is, and where it came from, and what mail it was attached to, and
assign it a name.

Just thought you might like to know how we're receiving you
(in addition to the ever popular 'Useful Random Insults').
Cheers,
Jerry.