newbie question (different newbie) - getting changes into Squeak problems

Luciano Notarfrancesco luciano2 at mail.ru
Tue Jul 13 22:46:18 UTC 1999

> > >There now seems to be a large enough base of users outside Disney that
> > could
> > >cooperate to form a development group to design and maintain a parallel
> > version
> > >of Squeak (Squawk?) and respond to the growing needs of its growing
> > audience.
> Actually, the smart thing to do is for everyone to ante up a few dollars a year in order to employ me to do it :-)

Tim,
This is a recurrent topic.
I know of several guys friends of mine (and incluing myself) that just for a few dollars (enough for living, or may be a little less) would spend 24 hours a day in Squeak. But most of we have a job, and need to work for living...
May be it is possible to create some kind of organization to finance Squeak projects. It must not be so hard to find sponsors. What do you think?

Luciano.-