Simple Parser for Natural Language?

Luciano Notarfrancesco luciano2 at mail.ru
Fri Jul 16 21:09:36 UTC 1999

Dan, I'm glad to hear you want to do this...
If you just add speech synthesis and recognition... and a red eye...

I have been thinking about doing natural language processing in Squeak, but I got the conclusion that the most natural way to communication with Squeak is the Smalltalk language already implemented. Anyway, doing natural language understanding even in a limited form would be really great! And if you will talk about Squeak objects, then you don't need any knoweledge base but the image it self!
I was planning to implement NGrammars for doing syntactic analysis in order to do better prosody generation for a text-to-speech system. I believe the N-grams stuff could be useful for your project.

Cheers,
Luciano.-