Is sqeak 2.3 beta ready for Y2K?

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Thu Jul 1 13:07:50 UTC 1999

  Hi,

> ...which doesn't mean that people couldn't write their own
> bad (non-Y2K safe) code in Squeak, but at least the Date
> class in Squeak (which most reasonable people use) can
> handle it with no problem.

  But on some platform the OS and/or OS interface functions
might cause the problem.  I'm not so confident that my
implementation of ioSeconds() and convertToSqueakTime() is
100% safe especially when I think of the leap seconds :-<.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology