[ENH] Help for Adding Name Space to Squeak

Michael Rueger Michael.Rueger.-ND at disney.com
Mon Jul 26 21:34:07 UTC 1999

Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
> Alan Lovejoy wrote:
> > characters, but still not be ==.  And it works for message selectors, too!).

> I can imagine a couple of code readability problems when the message #foo, sent to
> an object of class Bar, means a totally different thing depending on the namespace
> in which the *sending* method was compiled.

Isn't the namespace concept meant do achieve this? At least if you allow
for parts of objects/classes (namely methods) to be in different
namespaces at the same time. So you could have several methods named
#foo in different namespaces with unique implementations in each one.
What you need to do though is to recompile (sending) messages when the
actual or imported namespace changes (or rather rebind the symbols).

Michael

--

 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill