[BUG][FIX] Acorn filedirectory name length fubar

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 19:09:41 UTC 1999

On 7/21/99 11:46:59 AM EDT, salter at chrontech.com writes:
  [ the chevron (>>) ]

I assume we're talking about (I'm guessing here) the "left chevron" («) and
"right chevron" (»). If so, my problem must be the Windows naming space, as
AOL seems to deal with them okay, at least as text.

As an aside, does anyone know where (semi-official) "names" might be for the
many characters in a "standard" Latin font? I'm sure there are ISO standards,
and such like, but is there any readily accessible lists of names?

Jerry.