hi, i'm working on a project

larry a price laprice at efn.org
Mon Jul 26 17:14:24 UTC 1999

I'm new to squeak, but not to object oriented programming,
i'd like to be able to do a couple of things with smalltalk
namely, get down to the hardware and
a. talk to the modem -general case any modem
b. tt modem -particular case this modem
c. build, in cooperation with others a suite of parsers and display
objects that let me view the web the way I want. - thanks all for the
great work so far

So, any advice, experience, suggestions on strategies for device drivers
etc. would be much appreciated as would advice on how to make things go
faster, (i'd like to dispense with the OS...and replace it with an
Environment myself).

thanx

Larry A. Price
laprice at efn.org
(541)-988-5869

"only a system in a state far from equilibrium can move to higher orders
of complexity in its organization."-Ilya Prigogine