Working Together

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Jul 14 04:07:54 UTC 1999

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:22:06 -0800 Dan Ingalls <Dan.Ingalls at disney.com> wrote:
>If any of the preconditions fails, then I will mark it with a priority flag, and come back to it when I'm getting ready to make a release.  At that time, I re-scan all messages with either a priority flag or a [] designation, and do my best to include what makes sense.  It's almost certain that bug fixes will get included, although I think I have missed one or two in the past (before we started the [] convention.

That's essentially what I wanted to know. I'm not overly concerned about when feedback or immediate inclusion in the base image. What I should have asked and you have answered is whether you lose things and it sounds relatively unlikely.

As a parallel reverse path to the advocacy idea, perhaps it might be useful to take the ideas that don't (quite) pass muster and return them to the originator (or other helpful folks or the list) with a few suggestions and see if someone will fix it up.

Cheers,
Bob