Squeak networking (was "UDP for Win32 Squeak")

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 14 17:42:36 UTC 1999

At 7:27 AM -0500 7/14/99, Ralph Johnson wrote:
>Some months ago, we were having problems with swiki and traced
>the problems to the networking code.  I asked the squeak list
>whether we were missing something, or whether the networking
>code was just broken.  I got back a bunch of answers, all of
>the form "networking is broken and it can't be fixed".  We then
>moved our work to VisualWorks.

Ralph, did your group figure out what in particular might be broken as you
guys dug deep into the Swiki?

Obviously (from the multiple "Minnow is dead" threads), we're having
similar problems with the networking in Squeak.  So far, we've been able to
muddle through (with physical reboots of servers), and we've made some
attempts to figure out where the problem is and patch it, but without much
luck.

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu