Mail archive at uiuc

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 16:10:54 UTC 1999

To be forwarded to the right person (I don't know who administers the uiuc
Squeak mail archive)--

I have been monitoring the uiuc Squeak mail archive for a number of months.
Beginning in May, some problems began to occur.

The archive is at:
  http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/mail/  (referred to below as '.').

The main problem seems to be that the archive seems to have stopped working
(as of June 17th). The primary archive (./Squeak/) is a large directory of
files. The most recent entry are files put there on June 17th. It is like the
archive deamon (if that's what it is) has simply fallen off of the Squeak
mailing list.

Another (more minor) problem is that the tar archive (./Squeak.tar.gz) has
been rebuilt incorrectly a number of times (I have dates and copies of the
various files if anyone wants them). When defective, it doesn't contain all
the files in the archive (./Squeak/).

I don't know that there is any problems with the other Mail archive
facilities. I haven't checked them
  http://macos.tuwien.ac.at:9009/Server.home
  http://www.egroups.com/list/squeak/

Jerry Archibald