[BUG?] Swiki bug, and some questions

Chris Cunningham chrisc at wolfenet.com
Fri Jul 2 02:56:29 UTC 1999

I have a Swiki setup at work, and created a page with about a dozen tables
on it.  The page was about 14K worth of data.  The Swiki took this this
page fine, and showed it fine, but any time that I tried to edit it later,
it brought up about half of the source, and then informed me that the
connection to the server was broken.

I eventually fixed the page (by editing the file with an outside editor),
but I'm wondering what the limit of for a Swiki page is that you can edit.

The Swiki is running in Squeak 2.4c (plain), on NT.  I was attempting to
edit it with IE5.

A question about Swikis - If I try to paste in text that I don't want
formatted, it appears that I need to use the HTML <pre></pre> tags.  Doing
this, I get a blank line between each line of displayed text.  I suspect
that this could be called a bug as well.  Maybe when the Swiki takes in
text, it needs to convert end of line characters into a generic format.  Of
course, it can't do this based on the platform that is running the Swiki,
since the person creating the page can be on any platform.

Thanks